Friday, May 11, 2012

A Retreat in the Spring

After what can only be described as a truly harrowing week, I finally completed everything and can sign up for next week's retreat.  So I'm heading back!

All my visits to Holy Cross thus far have been in the September/October time frame with the exception of my recent stay at Christmas.  So it will be great to see the place in a different season, and I'm sure springtime will be wonderful.

I'm attending a 6 day/5 night "Benedictine Experience 2012" being led by Bros. Scott, James and Bernard that promises to "allow you to experience a taste of what Benedictine life is about and to explore the ways Benedictine practice may be relevant in your personal, parish, and work life."  Circumstances beyond my control prevent me from a fuller exploration of the Benedictine way, so this seemed like a nice approach... besides it's an affordable vacation on a post-alimony budget.

One thing I will do this time is limit the blogging just a tad.  I think I've covered the various worship services and photographs of the main places around the monastery.  So at least going in, my thought is to focus on the retreat experience mostly.  I will, however, bring the good camera and depending on the schedule may go AWOL for an afternoon to try and capture a bit of springtime in the Hudson valley.  We'll see...

Finally a note of thanks for the readership this blog is getting.  I've only had a couple of thousand page loads, but they're coming literally from all over the world.  Originally I figured this blog would only get readers from my youth group and a few church and work friends.  I suspect I have to thank Br. Bernard for that due to a link on the monastery web site back around Christmas.

Now I have to wait until Tuesday...

1 comment:

  1. have a wonderful time there ... and do let us know what the Benedictine Experience is like!

    Leanne S

    ReplyDelete

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.