Saturday, December 24, 2011

Accomodations



This visit, I have "luxury" accommodations... I have a 2nd bed in the room which allows me to spread out all my junk a bit more, and I have a ROCKING CHAIR (which is great for reading - or blogging)!

My room overlooks the Hudson River and this time of year, the landscape is nicely barren which allows you to see the beauty in the branch structure in the the trees.  Again, we observe the Great Silence from the end of Compline (around 9:00 PM) until after breakfast the following morning.  Now that the place has some familiarity to me, I found it easier to quickly slip back into the rhythm of prayer, silence, contemplation and then being social at appropriate times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.