Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why Am I Here?

I don't know exactly why I came to Holy Cross. I first heard about it from the Men's group at our church - I think they had a retreat up there years ago and I guess it stuck in my head after hearing about it. For a variety of reasons, I wasn't able to take vacation before now, and since I had some time to burn, I decided to give it a try.

I'm not sure what my goal is for my time here... I trust that God will guide me. I intend to disconnect from the electronic world a bit (except for this blog and the other one I write, and of course communication home). I won't do any of the mindless sitting in front of hunk of silicone just "surfing" or "watching" as I'm sometimes prone to do.

I intend to take lots of photos... I find when I look through a viewfinder, I look closer at the world around me and it helps me connect. And I am keeping a (much more intensive) journal book... this blog is just the highlights from that. Much of what I write here will focus on life on an individual retreat. I intend to use it with my youth group.

So mostly, while I'm here I just want to relax and spend time focusing on God and His plan for me. What am I to do with my life and how does God want me to do it?

It sounds like a simple question...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.