Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday - A vacation from my vacation


The monks have off on Monday. 

Although I was thinking about going back up to the area and doing some photography, in the end I stayed at home.  I watched a bit of history channel, read more of the "Living in the Truth" by Michael Casey, hit the excercise bike, worked up my "Night at the Monastery" photograph through to print, and had a quick neck & shoulder massage.  I also talked to a friend from Oregon and had a lovely dinner with my son.  Not a bad day.

The monks weren't completely inactive, I noticed that Br. Andrew's sermon from the feast of St. Michael and the Archangels is now up on the monastery website.  You can find it here...

http://ohclectionary.blogspot.com/2011/09/saint-michael-and-all-angels.html

The written version doesn't really do it justice, but it captures the essence.  Read it with a fired up scottich accent in your head and that will help.  For several days after this was preached both guests and brothers were discussing it.  How many sermons have you discussed?

I'll tell you more about my next retreat tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.