Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The trip back up the Hudson Valley

On my way back up the Hudson this morning I made three stops.  I took the Palisades Parkway again and stopped at the Rockefeller Lookout.  Today there was much less haze than a week ago, so the view south was clearer.  I also tried a panorama from this location this time (I doubt it will show up well here, but I'll try).



After getting off the parkway at Bear Mountain in NY, I decided to go up 9W which took me up through the West Point area.  Here I like to take a few minutes and detour on 218 which is one of the most scenic roads - as long as you're not the driver.  Yes that's the road on the cliff on the left.  The picture below that was looking across the river from the road "cutout" on the top picture.



Finally, I arrived in the area just in time to do the Walkway Across the Hudson.  See some of the older posts for more info on that (especially the end of 2009 when it opened).  The bottom picture is of the marina I was standing on to take the storm photo last week.  The river is still muddy, but much calmer now.




Can you guess that I love this trip?  I arrived just in time to quickly check in and rush to my first meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.