Thursday, September 30, 2010

Creation Liturgy and Potpourri


After Vespers and Supper (our main meal is Dinner which is held at Noon), we met together again to continue our Creation Liturgy. This again was a framework for us to share experiences with each other.

I'm aware that our time together is drawing to a close and again I'm amazed how how quickly friendships form at the monastery. Our last session will be held tomorrow morning and after lunch - sorry I meant Dinner (held at Noon), the youth workers will quickly disperse. I can see how committed these people are to their individual ministries and I can also realize why so many of them seem to return year after year for this retreat.

I really appreciated Fran's singing and guitar skills. It made me realize that I always missed that with our last group of kids... none of them seemed into music (especially anything that might be labeled "Christian"). I'll need to explore with my new group to see if they're open to music.

After the liturgy we had a few moments in the craft room - a place I had not really explored (just not really my thing) - to make potpourri sachets to take home and remember the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.