Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Fellow Retreaters







This year, I'm not doing an individual retreat, but rather joined a "Retreat for Adults Who Work with Youth". This retreat is led by Jenifer Gamber, who happens to be the author of the "My Faith, My Life" book that so many churches use for confirmation.

Our opening session had some singing, some reflective readings and everyone shared a little bit about themselves. It was an incredible blessing.

After that session we rushed into Compline (after being told not to rush into the services at the last minute - I'll hope the monks are the forgiving sort). I love Compline... it's a really serene service and does a good job of preparing you for the end of the day.

After Compline, I sat for a bit in the dark chapel (I told you, I love that space) and then picked up my gourd in pilgrim hall. Yes, you got that right. After i finish here, I get to meditate on a gourd.

Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.