Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Talk with Brother Adam


When I made my reservation, I requested time to meet again with Brother Adam for a spiritual conversation (see post below from last year). We met again in Saint Mary's Lounge, a sort of private sitting room at the base of the stairs to the rooms in Middle House. I won't go into detail about our discussion, but it was nice this year to already know what to expect. I realized that he probably talks to hundreds of people in the course of a year and might not remember a conversation from October 2009, so I went back to my journal from last year and refreshed my own memory so I could refresh his accurately. What is a spiritual conversation? Well we discussed some events in my life this past year which sort of continued on the theme from a year ago. I really appreciated his insight into my interpretation of these events (which was wrong... pretty much completely wrong), and we discussed how God interacts with us and the whole concept of God's will as it relates to life, death and how we respond to God through our lives. In the end, he pronounced me "more mature than last year". I don't think anyone has ever told me that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.