Friday, September 30, 2011

Clear Skies! (For a short while...)



As I get older, I find that... well... "nature" calls me during the night and suddenly I'm awake.  This morning when that happened I took a quick look out my window and I saw STARS!  No, I didn't bump my head on the sprinkler pipe that hangs right over my desk, but the skies were actually clear for a little while.  So I set up a quick 5-minute exposure (involved taking out the tripod, cable release, etc.).  The picture above was not what resulted... that's the 3rd attempt.

It seems the river traffic is still active at 4:00 AM and mid-way through the first exposure a barge came strolling (OK, floating) into the scene ith yellow and green lights blazing. 

When the rising sun woke me up around 6:00, we still had beautiful clear skies and even had sun in our face on the porch before breakfast.  But during breakfast the clouds arrived.  (I didn't have my camera, can you believe that?)  Now there's just a little sunlight poking though the occasional gaps in the clouds.  It sounds like that may be the only bit of sun we get for a few more days.


Later this morning, we'll have the last session for the youth leaders retreat and they'll depart.  I just found out they have room over the weekend, so I'll stay on a bit for some individual retreat time. I'm working on scheduling another conversation with Br. Adam either this afternoon or tomorrow (see previous years about this).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.