Thursday, September 22, 2011

Heading back!

Less than one week from today, I start my third drive up the Hudson valley to return to the monastery for my fall vacation.  As I did last year, I'm attending the retreat for adults who work with youth, and if there's an opening, I'll stay for the following weekend.  Different from the last two visits, I'll stay for a retreat the following week as well (with a 2 night break as the guest house closes - so the monks can have a day of rest).

I'm especially looking forward to a time of retreat this year.  2011 has been an ordeal so far.  I'm dealing with a huge betrayal after 24 years... then realizing that my marriage was irretrievably gone, and now dealing with the uncertainties that entails.  I was hopeful that I'd know more about where life was taking me by this trip, but the legal system doesn't seem to allow that.  I'm getting a big lesson on letting go of things I can't control.

Youth groups have just started up, but with everything that's going on in life, I really don't feel like I have my "game on" yet, so getting away from things will be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.