Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wednesday Evening

The storm was intense but brief and by the time we arrived back to the monastery late afternoon, we were soaked but the sun had started to briefly shine.  When I looked out my window, the Vanderbilt mansion across the river was lit, and there was a barge moving down the Hudson.  You realize that the river brings life to the area in many ways.

After supper, the youth leaders gathered in the chapel to share our final evening.  We presented works of art and told our stories.  I won't go into details here but everyone has an interesting story to tell... where we came from, where we are right now, and where we hope to go.



Allergies, while better, prevented me from staying for the whole thing (and from going to the Compline service).  I'm thinking I'm having trouble with something in the incense.  Today was a feast day so they burned incense at Vesper (5:00 PM) services, both yesterday and today.  At supper I spoke with Br. Bernard who said that they might be burning an incense mixture that uses a rose oil.  I've had problems with my allergies and rose fragrances in the past, so maybe that's part of it.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.