Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Jersey is part of God's creation... isn't it?

The drive up to the monastery first takes me through the "yellow" section of New Jersey.  That's the heavily populated section of the map that most people try to avoid... the Parkway, Turnpike and all that.  Today my drive was actually pleasant - well as pleasant as a drive up those two roads can be - as there was no traffic to note during the mid-day travel.

At first, I was anxious to get up to the Hudson Valley and get to God's creation.  Then I had the thought, "but NJ is part of God's creation... isn't it"?  Of course it is, and I started to ponder the beauty I was encountering, all the wonderful skyways and bridges and industrial areas.  Yes, these are technically creations of man, but who created us?  We do believe that God works through our hands and minds, so...



As I come out of NJ, I always take the extra effort to find the Pallisades Parkway.  As you travel that northbound from Fort Lee, NJ you can encounter some great scenic view areas and get your initial look at the Hudson River.  This photo was taken from the Rockafeller Outlook which is just north of the George Washington Bridge.  As you can tell it was very hazy, but even that shows God's beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.