Sunday, October 4, 2009

Final Reflections

I guess all good things come to an end. I found a beautiful spot in the library to do these last few reflections (partly to be closer to the wireless access point, but they couldn't have placed it in a better spot). As I'm sitting here typing, friends who need to leave early are coming by and saying their goodbyes, and it almost feels like departing from a family reunion.

I'm not going to try and sum up the week. Did I find God? Absolutely (all over the place)! Did I struggle a little? Yes... that too. No, my hair didn't turn white like Charlton Heston's (at least I don't think it did, but then again I don't think I'm grey - my wife disagrees).

What I had was a wonderful journey with a number of different companions - other retreaters, the brothers and even some folks in the nearby towns.

It was incredible...

Now I need to quickly finish packing, enjoy the dinner feast (if breakfast was so good on a Sunday, I can't wait for the main meal), and then begin my journey back. I hope to try the new park on the train trestle, and then enjoy the day as I return to normal life.

But first, I need to log some time in "my" chair - the one in the picture above...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.