Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Sad Morning

This morning I woke up to a beautiful red streaked sky over the Hudson... and a text message from Kristen saying that Dan had died. I didn't know Dan beyond the fact that he was a 15 year old kid who had a bad reaction to some medication and lapsed into a coma. I was following the FaceBook buzz from the youth in J2A as I was ready to leave for the monastery and promised one of my kids that I would pray for him while here.

Kristen was reading my blog last evening before she with out for coffee with a friend who's son had also died a year or so ago. There she learned that a friend of her friend's son had died and it turned out to be Dan. So this morning had a sort of grey pallor to it to match the sky. I spent a half an hour in the chapel praying for Dan's family and friends and for the kids in my group who must be hurting right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL. I may delete comments that are not appropriate.